Gary KlopfensteinPolice Chief
I am very proud of the men and women who serve you and this community. Your police department has a dedicated staff who work very hard to make Roseburg safe and secure as you go about your daily lives. We are your neighbors, friends, coaches and parents of children who go to school with your children; just like you, we have a vested interest in making this the safest, most livable community in Oregon.email@example.com
Welcome to the Police Department
The city has a daily service population which approaches 50-60,000. Roseburg Police Department handles an average of 20,000 calls for service per year.
The Roseburg Police Department is the largest municipal police agency within Douglas County, and we are also the county seat. The police department currently employs 37 sworn officers and Department personnel participate in a number of specialized and multi-disciplinary functions including:
- • Douglas Interagency Narcotics Team (DINT)
- • Criminal Investigations Division (CID)
- • K9 Teams
- • Emergency Response Team (Tactical)
- • Hostage Negotiations Team
- • School Resource Officer
- • Traffic Unit
- • Community Service Officer
- • Records
It is the mission of the Roseburg Police Department to consistently earn the public's trust by contributing to our community's reputation as a safe place to live, work, play and visit.
We are committed to investing the resources provided to create a feeling of safety and security for our citizens and employees, protecting constitutional guarantees, developing and maintaining effective partnerships, reducing unlawful behavior and the fear it manifests by pursuing and arresting those who choose to break the law, and creating a crime-resistant community through education and other crime prevention techniques.
Our Core Values
The Roseburg Police Department believes that honesty, integrity, and justice are the standards and values by which we ourselves are judged.
- • Committed to community protection and partnership
- • Maintaining an environment of openness, honesty, and mutual respect
- • Taking pride in, and responsibility for, the quality of what we do
- • Dedicated to a humane and caring climate
- • Respecting the dignity and rights of each individual
- • Recognizing achievement and celebrating success
- • Remaining open and responsive to progressive ideas